Stress Management Teacher Training: Adapting Yoga for Any Setting
With Swami Ramananda and Jaymie Meyer
September 29 – November 17 | Wednesdays & Mondays 6-9 & Saturdays 9:30-1:00
This training will give you the essential skills and confidence to teach Yoga as Stress Management in a wide variety of areas, including the workplace, health care settings, schools, and many other environments. It provides a strong foundation in understanding stress and how the physical and mental Yoga practices empower people to cope with challenges and heal from past stress.
This is a recommended training for Therapeutic Applications of Integral Yoga Therapy (TAIY) certification candidates. There will be advance study to be done prior to the start date of the program. Enroll soon if you plan to attend!
You will learn:
- Adapting asana, pranayama, meditation, and deep relaxation to be applied in different settings as stress management and/or wellness techniques
- Presenting ways in which Yoga philosophy can deal effectively with some of the most negative aspects of stress and illness
- Outlines of stress management and mind‒body wellness programs that will be responsive to the needs of your students in different time frames and settings
- What to say to various potential employers, whether a hospital or HMO, a private or corporate institution, or a nonprofit organization
- How to make presentations to groups (public speaking) and facilitate group discussions with your students about stress management and wellness
- Marketing strategies for setting up a Yoga/stress management practice, including publicity, fees, and promotion.
$1100 Early Bird (ends September 1st)
$960 for IYISF active teachers
This program is open to all certified Yoga instructors with at least six months of teaching experience.
80 Yoga Alliance hours
Swami Ramananda is the President of the Integral Yoga Institute in San Francisco and a greatly respected senior teacher in the Integral Yoga tradition, who has been practicing Yoga for over 35 years. Ramananda offers practical methods of integrating the timeless teachings and practices of yoga into daily life, and transforming the painful aspects of human experience into steps toward realizing one’s full potential.
He leads beginner, intermediate and advanced level yoga teacher training programs in San Francisco, and offers a variety of programs in many locations in the U. S., Europe and South America. Ramananda trains Yoga teachers to bring Yoga into corporate, hospital and medical settings and has taught mind/body wellness programs in many locations. He is a founding board member of the Yoga Alliance, a national registry that supports and promotes yoga teachers as professionals. His warmth, wisdom and sense of humor have endeared him to many.
Jaymie Meyer, C-IAYT, NBC-HWC, ACC
Jaymie is the founder of Resilience for Life®. Over the past 17 years, she has educated thousands of people in stress reduction, resilience and healthy aging. A National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach, Jaymie is a licensed HeartMath provider and hold certifications in Ayurveda, and yoga therapy (C-IAYT). She has presented Resilience for Life Stress Reduction programs and HeartMath Resilience Advantage Workshops at the National Institutes for Health, IBM, Columbia University, Coby, Panasonic, and the Arthritis Foundation, among others. A spokesperson and educator for Humana, and a former Dr. Dean Ornish faculty, Jaymie is a Senior Faculty of the Integral Yoga Academy, a Yoga for Arthritis mentor, and has co-taught of the Stress Management Teacher Training for 10 years.