2018 Teen Yoga Teacher Training
With Erin Lila Singh
July 13 – 15 | Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 9:30-5:00
This comprehensive Yoga for Teens certification course focuses on how Yoga can serve as a transformative life practice for teens by fostering their physical, mental, social, and emotional development. The program is suitable for Yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents, and those who want to make a difference in the lives of youth. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching and managing Yoga classes in the schools. Learn teen-specific ways to: Approach asanas, class themes, and sequences Teach breathing, meditation, and stress management techniques Instruct Yoga philosophy and its ethical principles.
Learn teen-specific ways to:
- Approach asanas, class themes, and sequences Teach breathing, meditation, and stress management techniques
- Instruct Yoga philosophy and its ethical principles
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Discuss self-confidence, healthy body image, anger management, and forgiveness
- Outline basic nutrition—the Yoga of eating Inspire selfless service
Additionally, you will explore ways to help teens develop mindfulness in daily life and cultivate positive belief systems using affirmations. You will effectively be able to teach your students how to build community, trust, and connections.
Approximately 34 Yoga Alliance hours
Approximately 21 contact hours for International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact CEU@iyta.org for details.
$585 Early bird (ends June 13)